Thursday, November 13, 2008

A Love Story

A LOVE STORY

One day, I woke early in the morning to watch the
sunrise. The beauty of God's creation is beyond
description. As I watched, I praised God for His
beautiful work. As I sat there, I felt the Lord's
presence with me.

He asked me, "Do you love me?" I answered, "Of
course, God! You are my Lord and Saviour!"

Then He asked, "If you were physically
handicapped, would you still love me?"

I was perplexed. I looked down upon my arms, legs
and the rest of my body and wondered how many
things I wouldn't be able to do, the things that I
took for granted. And I answered, "It would be tough
Lord, but I would still love You."

Then the Lord said, "If you were blind, would you
still love my creation?"
How could I love something without being able to
see it? Then I thought of all the blind people in the
world and how many of them still loved God and His
creation. So I answered, "It's hard to think of
it, but I would still love you."

The Lord then asked me, "If you were deaf, would
you still listen to my word?"
How could I listen to anything being deaf? Then I
understood. Listening to God's Word is not merely
using our ears, but our hearts. I answered, "It
would be tough, but I would still listen to Your
word."

The Lord then asked, "If you were mute, would you
still praise My Name?"
How could I praise without a voice? Then it occurred
to me: God wants us to sing from our very heart
and soul. It never matters what we sound like. And
praising God is not always with a song, but when
we are persecuted, we give God praise with our words
of thanks.
So I answered, "Though I could not physically
sing, I would still praise Your Name.

And the Lord asked, "Do you really love Me?" With
courage and a strong conviction, I answered boldly,

" Yes Lord! I love You because You are the One and
true God!" I thought I had answered well, but ....

God asked, "THEN WHY DO YOU SIN?"

I answered, "Because I am only human. I am not perfect."

"THEN WHY IN TIMES OF PEACE DO YOU STRAY THE
FURTHEST?

WHY ONLY IN TIMES OF TROUBLE DO YOU PRAY THE
EARNEST?"

No comments: