Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The Book That can Change Your life

John Wanamaker, an outstanding American businessman of the 19th century,
put together one of the most successful careers of his time. When asked
what he considered the best investment he ever made, he replied, "I have
made large purchases of property in my lifetime involving millions of
dollars. But when I was only 11 years old, I made my biggest purchase of
all. From my teacher in a little mission Sunday school, I bought a small,
red leather Bible. It cost me $2.75. I paid in small installments from my
own money that I had earned." John Wanamaker knew the value of the Bible
and he lived by it.
 
 
Much of the Bible has similar solace for God's people. It offers words of
comfort (John 14:1–3), joy (1 John 1:4), encouragement (Isa. 41:10) and
instruction (Matt. 28:19–20). When we fail to make the Scriptures a daily
part of our lives, we miss the greatest resource for living we have been
given.
 
Are you wondering what to do with your life? Are you afraid and uncertain
about the future? Are you troubled by guilt and regrets? The Bible has
just what you need—answers. Purchasing a Bible is the best investment
you'll ever make. Reading it is the best use of your time.
 
There are many books, but only one can change your life

No comments: