Friday, June 13, 2008

God's Letter to a Woman

When I created the heavens and the earth, I spoke them into being.
When I created man, I formed him and breathed life into his nostrils.
But you, woman, I fashioned after I breathed the breath of life into man, because your nostrils are too delicate.

I allowed a deep sleep to come over him
so I could patiently and perfectly fashion you
Man was put to sleep so that he could not interfere with the creativity.
From one bone, I fashioned you.
I chose the bone that protects man's life.
I chose the rib, which protects his heart and lungs and supports him,
as you are meant to do.

Around this one bone, I shaped you....... I modeled you.
I created you perfectly and beautifully.
Your characteristics are as the rib, strong yet delicate and fragile.
You provide protection for the most delicate organ in man, his heart.
His heart is the center of his being; his lungs hold the breath of life.
The ribcage will allow itself to be broken before it will allow damage to the heart.
Support man as the rib cage supports the body.

You were not taken from his feet, to be under him,
nor were you taken from his head, to be above him.
You were taken from his side, to stand beside him and be held close to his side.

You are my perfect angel..... You are my beautiful little girl.
You have grown to be a splendid woman of excellence,
and my eyes fill when I see the virtues in your heart.
Your eyes...don't change them.
Your lips, how lovely when they part in prayer.
Your nose, so perfect in form.
Your hands so gentle to touch. I've caressed your face in your deepest sleep.
I've held your heart close to mine.
Of all that lives and breathes, you are most like me.

Adam walked with me in the cool of the day, yet he was lonely.
He could not See me or touch me. He could only feel me.
So everything I wanted Adam to share and experience with me,
I fashioned in you; my Holiness, my Strength, my Purity, my Love, my Protection and Support.

You are special because you are an extension of me.
Man represents my image, woman my emotions.
Together, you represent the totality of God.

So man......treat woman well.
Love her, respect her, for she is fragile. In hurting her, you hurt me.

What you do to her, you do to me.
In crushing her, you only damage your own heart;
the heart of your Father, and the heart of her Father.
Woman, support man. In humility, show him the power of emotion
I have given you.
In gentle quietness, show your strength.
In love, show him that you are the rib that protects his inner self.

Did you not know that WOMAN is special in God's eyes?

Send this to wonderful women you know and bless their day!
Send this to the men you know too. It's a good reminder for them!

No comments: